Every year, I make a mental list of goals I want to get accomplished….forget half of them and then get the other half kinda done. This year,I wanted to get my life under control. To start on the path of what I have only been dreaming about for 13 years—This was the Promise I made myself last year in 2017. Did I accomplish it? Wellllllll. I’m about to give myself a Harsh Wake Up Call and lay it all out for y’all! Below you will find my last year’s list…..and if I did it or not! Oh boy! Then below that I will have THIS year’s list!! Some of you may ask why publicly embarrass myself? Well for one, I do it everyday lmao, just kidding….(only slightly). But I do it to hold myself accountable because I will have to tell y’all next year what I actually did!! I learned from 2017. It brought on sickness, helping move 3 homes in less than 2 months, a break-up, a new relationship, engagement, cranky kids sometimes, and frankly me being lazy. So this is me kicking myself in the butt!
*This post may have affiliate links which means I get paid a fee for referring you at no extra cost to you. But don’t worry! It helps support my family and you are helping me with my blogging dreams so thank you!!
I chose 32 because I will be 32 this year.
1. Make $1,000 a month with my blog. ♡♡♡ No. Ouch that one hurt.
2. Learn SEO. Kinda…I did learn some things but will be researching more.
3. Finish The Help by end of January. No.
4. Read one book a month, for the whole year. (This is a huge goal especially since I am dyslexic as well as I have not finished 12 chapter books throughout in my whole life. Sad I know. So far the list has Helen Keller in Love, Case for Christ, Life Beyond Measure, Practical Magic, The Mists of Avalon, The Success Principles, and Count of Monte Cristo) (0 out of 12) No.
5. Travel to 5 places in North Carolina (where I live) with the kids. (0 out of 5) No.
6. Take a Topsail Island Vacation for at least a weekend with the family. A week if doable. YES HUGE YES!! Expect a new tab with travel guide!!
7. Have Family Game Night once a week. (5 out of 52) No
8. Try one new recipe a month. (4 out of 12) No…. only about 4 times.
9. Collaborate with at least 5 fellow Bloggers. (0 out of 5) No. Got plans and didn’t follow through. Also will be doing these.
10. Take the kids to see the new Beauty and the Beast ♡ YES and it was so worth it!!
11. Be walking at least 30 minutes a day by Dec. 31st. No.
12. Have a successful garden during the summer. Yes and No….had one…not successful lol
13. Get my children’s book published! No, but did submit to publishing! Turned down once.
14. Give away $5000 in FREE books this year!! ($878 out of $5000) No.
15. Do 32 acts of kindness. (? out of 32) Kinda… we did a lot but lost count
16. Publish my Miscarriage book and donate ALL the proceeds to a miscarriage help group. No.
17. Clean, Organize and keep my room maintained lol (it’s the last room in the house to get love). Nooo!
18. Learn how to fire a gun and get a permit. No.
19. Give away $5000 in FREE jewelry this year!!! ( $300 out of $5000) No. I only got a few hundred and had to stop that business due to time issues and stretching myself too thin. So even though this was a no…it was a yes to myself and my family.
20. Get an emergency fund of $1000 together. No.
21. Get a decent down payment for a first home together! No. But we are buying a house and don’t need one so high five!!
22. Buy first home…eep!!! KINDA Buying one at the end of January if all goes well!
23. Join Twitter. Yes! Follow me HERE
24. Finish knitting my scarf! No.
25. Read a little of the bible everyday. (120 out of 365) Kinda. I want to get better about this. I think this was a few months.
26. Relearn Spanish and introduce the kids to it as well. Kinda. I haven’t been doing it the way I want but whenever I think of it, show the kids what things mean.
27. Get my anxiety under control. Kinda
28. Do more crafts! ♡ Yes! But there is always room for more crafts!!
30. Grow my side hustles. Yes!!
31. Help the Kids with their lists. Not as much as I had wanted.
32. To live everyday like it were my last and to never take it for granted. Yes I think I did this more!
So I decided to make 2018 MY year. My children’s year. So my goals are as follows. Some are silly and others are crucial to the success of the rest. I’d love to see y’all’s lists so email them to me or comment below!
I chose 33 because that will be how old I turn this year!
1. Make $1000 a month with my Blog.
2. Implement Pinterest Strategy.
3. Write 2 blog posts per week. (0 out of 104)
4. Read 1 book a month, for a whole year. (This is a huge goal especially since I am dyslexic as well as I have not finished 12 chapter books throughout in my whole life. Sad I know. So far the list has The Help, Once Upon A Time: Red’s Story, Helen Keller in Love, Case for Christ, The Case Against the Case for Christ, Life Beyond Measure, Practical Magic, The Mists of Avalon, The Backyard Homestead, Pride and Prejudice, and Count of Monte Cristo (0 out of 12)
5. Travel to 5 Places in NC with the Kids. (0 out of 5)
6. Have Family Game Night every Friday. (0 out of 52)
7. Try 1 New Recipe a month, for a whole year. (0 out of 12)
8. Collaborate with 5 Fellow Bloggers. (0 out of 5)
9. Go to Topsail Beach for a Week with family!
10. Be walking at least 30 minutes by June 1st.
11. Start and have a successful garden.
12. Get my children’s book published.
13. Find a children’s book agent.
14. Give away $5,000 in FREE books. (0 out of 5000)
15. Do 33 Acts of Kindness in 2018. (0 out of 33)
16. Publish my miscarriage book & Donate ALL proceeds to a Miscarriage Help Group
17. Clean, organize, & maintain my room!
18. Learn how to fire a gun & get permit.
19. Start Emergency Fund $1000. (0 out of 1000)
20. Start paying off debt.
21. Finish knitting my scarf.
22. Read a little of the bible everyday. (0 out of 365)
23. Relearn Spanish & Introduce to family.
24. Have mom/child dates.
25. Go see a holistic doctor for my anxiety.
26. Get Married!! <3
27. Get a will/end of life document set up.
28. Get Life Insurance started.
29. Show my girls my favorite movies.
30. Write letters to all the kids for all occasions to be saved away in case of my passing.
31. Go through & organize photos.
32. Unpack & organize house after move.
33. Try camping as a family.
Well folks there you have it. I pray that I have every single one of these goals met!
Can you help me with one? Email me and we will chat!! Can I help you with a goal? Let’s help each other and make 2018 a prosperous year!!